Tuesday, September 26, 2017

"Never Give Up" by guest author, Makayla James


“NEVER GIVE UP!” I shout to the world.

No one should ever give up on their dreams. If you want it, go for it! I did.

Once upon a time, I was a dreamy, horse-obsessed girl. I looked up to those who won ribbons at national and world horse shows. I said, “I want to be like them.” I watched them compete for Team USA in equestrian competitions and I said, “I want to do that.”

So, here I am. I have won ribbons at national and world shows. I am getting the chance to try out for Team USA.

How did I do it? I never gave up. I struggled, I fought, and I even cried, but I never gave up. There were times when I thought, “I can’t do this, I will never be like them.”  Every time I thought that, I vowed to stay positive, and I told myself, “Never give up.” People asked me, “How do you stay so positive?” Well, it wasn’t easy. I am human, and I make mistakes. I have been defeated and let down. The more I failed, the more I persevered. So, I worked for it. While some of my dreams have come true, I still have many to accomplish.

Remember, don’t dream your dreams, live them. Oh, and never give up.

“Good things come to those who believe, better things come to those who are patient and the best
things come to those who don’t give up” (Unknown)



Makayla rides at the Louisville Equestrian Center in Taylorsville, Ky.  She will try out for the United States Saddle Seat World Cup team in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment